Right before we left, we decided it would be a good idea to go down the slide one more time, except we didn't quite make it down the slide. Michael ran towards the stairs but on his way there, he tripped over another kid's shoes that were scattered on the floor. He fell down, bit his lip and bumped his chin on the step. The cut on his chin was pretty deep that you could see tissue or flesh if you stretched it open. So we rushed him to the ER. Poor Michael. He's been to the emergency room 4 times in the 18 months of his life. Daddy met us at the hospital after having such a long day; he did a turn around trip to Seattle and back.
After waiting 2 hours, Michael was glued up with this skin adhesive instead of stitches. The doctor played dressup with him, wrapping him up as a little burrito! He loved being a burrito, up until he was taped down to the bed. His chin should heal in about 10 days, and the adhesive will fall off on its own when the skin is healed.



2 comments:
Poor little guy! I'm glad Michael is all glued up and feeling better! Did you guys go to Kaiser? It looks the same as when I just took Kaitlin there. Now the two of them can compare scars! =)
OH NO!! I didn't know that happened after we left! So sorry....I'm waiting for the day I take Luke to the ER...surprised I haven't been there yet! (Knock on wood!)
Post a Comment