We've been pretty successful in getting Michael to bed around 9-9:30pm. Our next goal was to get him back into his crib because our queen-sized bed is getting too cramped for us, including this growing toddler. Well today, I decided to try to ferberize Michael to take a nap in his crib. So I put him in his crib with just a blanket while he was still crying, and I shut his bedroom door. I made my way into the kitchen to charge my cellphone, and suddenly I noticed the crying had stopped. Then quickly after, I heard a huge THUMP, feet scurrying against our hardwood floors, and the door swinging wide open. OH MY GOODNESS! My little Michael had broken free from his crib! No bumps. No bruises. No tears. He must've landed on his feet! We all know Michael isn't the tallest 16 month old. In fact, he's only in the 50th percentile in height for boys his age. For such a little munchkin, how did he do that? I still can't believe it.
So now, I think it's safe for us to say goodbye to the crib. We won't be ferberizing him as he successfully made his way out. I think it will be much safer for him to sleep in a big boy bed than to hurt himself climbing out of the crib. What a milestone!
1 comment:
Oh my! I'm sure Nicole told you that Luke has been trying to climb out of his crib too...what is with these boys!! But I wanted to tell you that Abbie also slept with us and went straight from our bed to a big girl bed. Why bother getting him used to a crib when you're just gonna put him in a bed soon anyways??
Post a Comment